The series 6 hammer mill is made especially for today’s demanding applications. The hammer mill is equipped with a high-volume inlet for improved flow with light-density materials.
The series has recently been updates and is now offered in both 38 inch (965 mm) and 43 inch (1,092 mm) diameters with grinding chamber widths ranging from 12 inch (305 mm) to 60 inches (1,524 mm). These hammer mills can accommodate motor sizes ranging from 125 HP (90 kW) to 600 HP (450 kW).
This unique series 6 design was created to satisfy today’s demanding applications and safety guidelines. The design features consist of:
- A non-restrictive flow-through design
- Reinforced housing and full access doors to accommodate internal pressure during upset overpressure conditions
- Dynamically balanced, heavy-duty rotor with shaft diameter up to 7.5 inches (190 mm) and bearing diameter of almost 4 inches (101 mm)
- Rugged, large, and long-lasting pillow block bearings equipped with temperature sensors
- Low-profile reinforced motor base
- Slotted housing that allows the cylinder and bearing assembly to be removed as a complete unit without disassembly of the housing
- Replaceable wear plates protect the inside of the grinding chambers in all product contact areas
- A reversible inlet baffle with optional, pneumatically controlled valve
- Door interlock system that provides the safest, most dependable, and fastest response on the market, ensuring that the doors are not opened until the rotor comes to a complete stop
- Optional inlet-mounted air separator with magnet that utilizes the hammer mill’s air assist system to separate both ferrous and non-ferrous material from the feed stream