dies suitable for fertilizer

Please advice which type of dies material is suitable for organic fertilizer. Hole dia. 4.6mm - 5.5mm
The material used for fertilizer are manure and compost. Alloy , stainless steel or high chrome ?
Please advice. Thanks.

Comments

• edited November -1
    for organ-fertilizer the process dies is same material as feed process. high CR alloy is better to suit good hardness and easy corrosion material.
    idah machinery offer pelleting dies for feed mill. please PM me for more information.
    regards.
    younder.
  • edited September 2013
    for organ-fertilizer the process dies is same material as feed process. high CR alloy is better to suit good hardness and easy corrosion material.

While I agree with the supplier keep in mind fertilizer is a very course bi product and is hard to run thru dies unless you get the moister content down and run the product thru the dies already warm or hot. The only problem with running fertilizer it is a corrosive and when running keep your rollers at least 100 th of a inch from the dies at all times.
    I am a plant manager in the fertilizer pellet mill operation myself. If you would want to chat more contact me at