If interested in the Feedmill Supervisor position, or have questions pertaining to the position contact Mo Aranda at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a><!-- e -->
EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes DIVISION: Live Production
SHIFT: As Needed LOCATION: Feedmill
REPORTS TO: Assistant Feedmill Manager
SUMMARY: Compiles personnel assignment schedules and oversees the operations of the Feedmill and transportation Departments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Screens and performs interviews of hourly employee applicants.
• Trains appropriate hourly workers in their assigned work/production duties including cross training.
• Oversees product and manufacturing procedures to verify conformance to the high standards of quality as established by the CGMP’s for the industry.
• Reviews all daily usage, inventory, and investigates and corrects all discrepancies.
• Learns and understands the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the Feedmill. Must be able to operate all areas of the feedmill and completely understand Automation system.
• Performs annual reviews of mill and delivery employees as needed.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet plant or production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve mill and transportation production methods, equipment performance and quality of service and carry out any needed corrective action.
• Assures worker issues/problems are resolved in timely fashion.
• Initiates or suggests methods to motivate workers to achieve departmental goals.
• Reviews and recommends continued training /education of employees in safe work methods.
• Timely and accurate documentation of all issues associated with proper administration of department.
• Maintain collaborative working relationship with supervisors, peers, subordinates, internal customers and external customers.
• Prepare various reports and delegates appropriate duties to subordinate employees.
• Leads crew to achieve optimal production while maintaining output of quality product.
• Interprets company policies to workers and provides safety education by having effective and well planned safety meetings as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Feedmill and Delivery employees within the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or four to six-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies, procedures and directions from upper management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Work with other supervisors and employees to generate a comfortable working atmosphere. Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available at the feedmill complex. The ability to be flexible in work duties and to expand knowledge of the work area to be able to willingly fill in as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typically office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: I understand this job description and its requirements; and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job functions may be altered from time to time.
I have noted below any accommodations that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I have also noted below any job responsibilities or functions, which I am unable to perform, with or without accommodation.