Steam or Not?

I am considering starting a small scale feed mill for my own farm and maybe supply to some neighbouring farmers as well.

Looking at around 1t/h production capacity, i am stuck whether i should go for the pellet mills with steam or the ones without steams.

Anyone able to outlsy the benefits or negatives of each.

Mike

Comments

• edited November -1
    "mike&quot wrote:
    I am considering starting a small scale feed mill for my own farm and maybe supply to some neighbouring farmers as well.

Looking at around 1t/h production capacity, i am stuck whether i should go for the pellet mills with steam or the ones without steams.

Anyone able to outlsy the benefits or negatives of each.

Mike

Dear MIKE..
    If you mill with pellet mill you would need boiler steam to condition formula.
    if just mixing steam would no need.

normally I would suggest my friend to do pellet with steam for it can got better quality.

younder.
    PM me
    YUTEK ENGINEERING AND IDAH MACHINERY.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Mike

The inset costs of adding steam to you pelleting though conditioning will increase the throughput of your pelleter. The heat will assist in the conditioning of the mash product which will create the individual particles of mash to join better to give you better quality pellets, but only if it is cooled post pelleting.

Disadvantages of dry pelleting is that you will decrease in tons per hour through the die and will create more wear on your rollers and dies. The moisture of the heat generated through the pelleting process in the feed will be lost, where as with steam you will put back the moisture lost.

As you can hear I am in favour of the steam, but on the scale that you are wanting to produce for self and not commercial I would suggest you can go with dry pelleting.

Regards